Please click here for a portfolio of my best pieces.
As well as this blog, I also write pieces on Medium. I am teaching myself to code in Python; you can scrutinise my extraordinarily basic programs on my GitHub. And I also write some of the posts on PSilikeacidpops, a Tumblr blog about Harry Potter.
Rather than just copying out the guidebook, my travel writing is about my thoughts and feelings about the experiences I have had.
Here are some of the famous places I have been…
- The Taj Mahal
- Madurai and the Sree Meenakshi Amman Temple
- Borobadur and Prambanan
- Mumbai: Maximum City: Part 1. Part 2.
- Working with elephants in Jaipur
- The Ajanta and Ellora caves
- Varanasi: City of Death. Part 1. Part 2.
- The Pushkar festival 2013: camels and the Brahma festival
- The Nazca lines
- Machu Picchu
- El Toro Muerto
- Touring the Amazon rainforest: parts , , , 
- The Uyuni salt flats , 
And here are some pieces about culture and long-term travelling generally.
- Observations on Indian women
- Being a white woman in India
- On returning to a country you’ve long been away from
- My India scrapbook project: a summary
- Travelling with a mental illness: five pieces of advice
- The unexpected effects of solo travel